This job entails driving an 18-wheeled tractor trailer while making accurate, timely customer deliveries. Responsible for accurate customer order selection and receiving finished goods and raw materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive our tractor trailer safely and responsibly, fulfills all legal requirements.
- Loads and unloads trailers with motorized equipment moving pallets up to 3,000 lbs. sometimes by pushing or pulling (possibly in an uphill position.)
- Requires ability to hand-unload each item off pallets from ground level and wheel them on a hand truck. Each item weighs from 20 to 55lbs. and occasionally, as much as 500lbs. on each hand truck load.
- Cranks up or down the trailer dolly legs to hook or unhook from tractors.
- When not driving the tractor trailers, drivers are assigned to warehouseman duties.
- Move trucks between warehouse(s), freezer, and plant.
- Ability to count multi-tiered items.
- Ability to analyze and complete documents.
- Ability to communicate with all personnel including usage of phone system and two-way radios
- Must be compliant with DOT Regulations
- Forklift Certification.
- Class A CDL License
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs. and be present and fit for duty each day.